Registration is now open on here, on Active.com.
** When: To be announced
** First (10) people to arrive and check-in will receive a FREE pair of socks! You will also be able to check-in on Sunday at the race, but we highly recommend that you do check-in on Saturday at Bike Improve.
** All athletes are required to show a photo ID at the time of packet pickup. NO ID, NO RACE, NO EXCEPTIONS. Every single participant, including relay participants, must have a photo ID. Youth athletes without an ID must be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a photo ID.
** Athletes may only pick up their own packets.
This triathlon is a USAT sanctioned event, and therefore, you must either have an annual membership and bring your USAT membership card or purchase a one-day membership at the time of packet pick-up, whether you pick your packet up on Saturday at Bike Improve or on race day.
Below is a breakdown for one-day membership fees for 2013:
NOTE: if you are purchasing a one-day membership at packet pick-up or race day, you will need to pay in CASH. You may use check only if you are purchasing an annual membership.
- Adult One-day Membership – $12
- Youth (age 17 and under) One-day Membership – $10
For more information regarding One-day Membership please visit: http://www.usatriathlon.org/membership-services/one-day-membership.aspx
If you attended packet pick-up on Saturday, then you do not need to check-in on race morning. Otherwise, race-day registration and packet pick-up will take place from 5:30 AM – 6:30 AM.
We will only be accepting checks made out to “UC Regents” for race-day registration, NO cash or credit cards will be accepted.
The race will start promptly at 7 AM. Don’t miss the start by being late.
- Make sure you are checked in and have picked up your registration packet and timing chip.
- Get body marked.
- Leave your bags and running gear on the T2 field.
- Walk/ride your bike up the hill (on the sidewalk if the race has begun) to T1 and drop off your bike. T1 is open until 7am, and will re-open between 7:30-7:45 for later participant numbers.
- Race, and make sure to label your T1 bag (You must bring a bag to carry your gear), and make sure all your belonging are enclosed before you leave T1 on the bike.
Two Transition Logistics
You must bring a bag for transition. Place your belongings in your bag at T1 after the swim so we can transfer them to T2 without any mix-ups.
This year’s course will have two transition areas. When you arrive please claim your spot in T2 in the IM by placing your run shoes and any other personal belongings (first come first serve). After you have completed checking in you should head up to Sunset Recreation where the first swimmer will start at 7:00:00am. Please only bring only the items necessary for swimming and biking (bike shoes, bike helmet, goggles, cap) and warm clothes. Rack space is limited at T1. We ask you show up no more than 30 minutes prior to your start time to T1. When you exit the pool to begin the bike portion of the race please make sure all of your belonging are enclosed in your bag and labeled with your race number. Our volunteers will be cleaning up T1 after the race has begun and your labeled bag will be delivered to you on the IM field.
T2 will open at 5:15AM
T1 will open at 5:30AM for Wave 1
Relay Team Instructions
Each participant must hand the timing chip to the next – so make sure you guys are coordinated and can do this quickly! Relays will be scored as female, male, and co-ed teams. No age limits or restrictions are imposed, so create your team wisely! Relay teams of 2 are allowed permitted the swimmer isn’t the biker, and the biker isn’t the runner. To be fair to all other relay team members, 2 chip handoffs must occur. So 3 athletes must be involved, or the swimmer can be the runner. No biker/swimmer or biker/runner combinations.
The following are the fees for the 11th Annual IronBruin:
|Fee Type||Through OCT 1st||Through Nov 1st|
|Alumni Draft Legal||$60||$75|
|Collegiate Draft Legal||$60||$75|
|High School Draft Legal||$60||$75|
|Open Draft Legal||$80||$95|
|Mixed Team Relay Draft Legal||$200||$230|
|High School Classic||$45||$50|
|Alumni Classic Relay||$120||$130|
|Open Classic Relay||$140||$150|
|Relay – Open||$150||$160|
|Relay – Open||$150||$160|
Awards are presented after the race. Categories are divided by gender and age group.
- Top 3 in Each age group for Classic Male/Female
- Top 3 in Each Draft Legal Race
- Top 3 Teams in Mixed Team Relay
- Top 3 Teams in Classic Relay
- Top 3 Collegiate Classic Male/Female
- Top Combined Collegiate Team. Scored with Omnium Scoring, 1 male/ 1 female athlete counts in DL, 3 male/ 3 female athletes count in Collegiate Classic.
- Plus Mixed Team Relay scored as follows:
- 1st – 50 points
- 2nd- 45 points
- 3rd- 40 points
- 4th- 35 points and so on…