Race Day Schedule Day 1
Saturday, November 8th, 2014: Ironbruin Draft-Legal
- 5:00 AM Transition Open
- 5:50 AM Family Pool Open for Warm-Up
- 6:00 AM Mandatory Pre-Race Meeting at T1
- 6:15 AM Transition Closed
- 6:30 AM Open/UCLA Alumni
- 7:40 AM Collegiate Male
- 8:50 AM Collegiate Female
Note: The wave schedules are tentative
Field for each race will be limited to 16 competitors. Each WCCTC team will be allowed to enter 2 team members until October 20th, at which time we will open up registration for additional racers.
Please email Race Director Greg Kubitz at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in racing in any division of the Draft Legal or Mixed Team Relay event. You may be asked to provide evidence of group riding or draft legal racing experience.
Use Easton Drive for T1. T1 will open for set up once everyone from the previous wave has left T1. Racers will not be allowed to set up T1 until their race is next.
T2 is closed to everyone at 6:15. T2 on the Fire Road
Swim: 300m (High School)/ 500m (Collegiate/Open)
- Each racer will be assigned half a lane of Park Pool (50m) and a lap counter. A signal will be given to the competitors at half the total distance and before the last lap.
- Swimmers will be required to stay on their half of the lane and will be disqualified for interfering with other swimmers.
Bike: 8 mi (High School)/ 13 mi (Collegiate/Open)
- The bike course will be draft legal.
- Bike course will be 3 loops for High School and 5 loops (See Course Map) for Collegiate and Open, lap counter will be present and bell will prior to final lap.
- Bike will finish at T2 adjacent to the IM field.
- Bike Prime Sprint Line will be marked with a sign and a solid yellow chalk line. The Prime will be awarded to first athlete across the line on the 3rd loop of the bike course.
- You are responsible for understanding the ITU draft legal rules on the bike. A description of the rules can be found here.
Run: 2 mi (High School) / 5k (Collegiate/Open)
- Run will be 2 loops for High School and 3 loops for Collegiate/Open.
- Run will finish on Fire Road.
Notes for Draft Legal Mixed Team Relay:
- Each team will be comprised of two women and two men and will race in the following order: Female/Male/Female/Male
- Each Collegiate Team will be allowed 1 team until Nov 1 when we will open up remaining spots.
- Field will be limited to 16 teams.
- Each racer will complete a 200m swim/ 1 loop of bike course / 1 loop of Draft Legal run course
- Run will finish at Sunset (where the pool is) where hand off will take place and next team member will begin swim.
- Last Runner will finish on Fire Road adjacent to IM Field
Mixed Relay (Sunday November 9th)
Bike (Mixed Relay)
Run (Mixed Relay)
- ANSI/Snell approved helmets required. Participants without a proper helmet will not be allowed to race.
- You are responsible for your own safety and working condition of your bicycle.
- Only participants will be allowed in the transition area.
- All participants will be required to sign a waiver during packet pickup.
- All participants must yield to emergency vehicles.
UCLA is an urban campus. It has taken over 30 paid traffic control officers to make this event possible. All instructions related to parking or traffic flow must be followed to the letter to ensure this event will be allowed to happen again next year. Anyone caught disobeying event rules or instructions will be disqualified immediately.